Friday, September 14, 2012

Maurice Jones-Drew

Maurice Jones-Drew had not had a father growing up, so this is why his grandfather had been so important to him. His grandfather had never missed a game of Maurice's. At this particular game against Rice his Junior year of college, had changed his life forever. Maurice Jones-Drew had been putting on a highlight reel all game, but in the third quarter after his 42 yard run, his grandfather had gone into cardiac arrest. Soon after Maurice Jones-Drew had been standing over his lifeless grandfather, mourning. Before this date Marice Jones-Drew had been known as Maurice Drew, and soon after had changed his name to Maurice Jones-Drew in memory of Maurice Jones, his grandfather. From then on has played every game for his grandfather. He is now an all-pro runningback for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I can relate to this, becuase I, along with everyone else have lost people I care about. But unlike Maurice Jones-Drew I have never lost anyone that I was super close to, and couldn't imagine something like that to happen to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3713854

1 comment:

  1. Giving the web address is not the correct way to give credit. Remember the bibme.org site? That's the correct way to create a citation!!!
    You also need to cite after every sentence that is not your own idea!!!

    ReplyDelete